[Wolves] Ubuntu Global Bug Jam, 20th-22nd February

Martin Meredith martin at sourceguru.net
Sun Feb 15 19:55:57 UTC 2009

Next Weekend, Friday the 20th to Sunday the 22nd February, Ubuntu are
having a "Global Bug Jam"

Everybody knows what a great success UbuntuBugDay has been. Some LoCo
teams have taken this even further: instead of just meeting on IRC, they
made a party out of it and met locally to work on bugs together. We call
this event the "Global Bug Jam". It is the classic Ubuntu Hug Day, taken
to the next level, all around the world during one weekend. It's an
opportunity for Local Teams to get together all around the world and
concentrate on fixing bugs, meeting new people, and having a good time.

I thought I'd let everyone know that the Ubuntu UK community have
organised 2 locations to be part of this event, one in Birmingham, and
one in London.

There's no experience required, we can help you get setup, and get
fixing bugs. Or if you don't want to fix bugs, or don't know how to, you
can still help out by triaging bugs, and assigning bugs to the right
packages. There's a lot that can be done, even for the inexperienced.

The Birmingham Venue is being hosted by The Linux Emporium, and you can
find more information regarding it at

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GlobalBugJam/Birmingham

If you're interested, the do sign up on the Wiki. Any questions, feel
free to email me and I'll do my best to answer them!

Hope to see some of you there!

Regards,
Martin "Mez" Meredith