[Wolves] M$ comes up with another money spinner....

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:17:30 UTC 2009

2009/1/3 Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk>:
> Kevanf1 wrote:
>> I had to check it was January 1st not April 1st when I saw this:
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2424-9595_22-256995.html
>>
>> Agreed, this business model does work with mobile phones.  How many
>> home based mobile phone builders are there though?  I refer to home
>> builders of PC's probably not being able to upgrade or otherwise tweak
>> these machines.  I read into these 'subscription PC's' a locked in,
>> closed source hardware model similar to MS's closed source software.
>>
> I was thinking more: thinnish client tied into services in 'the cloud'
> that always take you to the company shop. The exact opposite of Freedom.
> They'll make it really easy too and people will willingly pay extra to
> have their freedom taken away in exchange for an easy life (see
> iPod/iTunes.)

Allied to this how many of you have seen the new poster campaign by
Microsoft?  The one with the slogan:

"Windows, a world without boundarys".

I think I have the wording right but if don't that is the sentiment.
I can't help but think that first they should be prosecuted by Trading
Standards and secondly that the best prison is one in which the
prisoners cannot see the bars..