[Wolves] Shock Horror dick_turpin has an MS complaint

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Fri Jan 9 10:59:36 UTC 2009

Hi All

As some of you know I don't subscribe to the "Lets bash Microsoft just
because everyone else does" but today I have the hump with them, well
with Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007 to be more precise.

As you can imagine at work I get something like 3000 odd emails a day,
as a Virgo I like everything neat and tidy so have a zillion folders
under my inbox everything from Customers to suppliers. But today I hit
'the wall' as far as Rules & Filters are concerned and cannot add any
further *Functioning* rules.

It would appear that Exchange 2003 has a pathetic limit of 32K which is
unchangeable! http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886616 of course work
is not going to upgrade just so I can get the 256k supported under 2007

Pity I cant install a Windows version of Kontact (Don't suggest CoLinux
or Cygwin they're crap IMO) I'd be a happy bunny.