[Wolves] Proposed Talks

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Tue Jul 14 20:15:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 17:48 +0000, chris procter wrote:

> > > I've just done a quick survey of the linux boxes I have easy access to (about
> > 40) and precisely 100% of them were running hal. If its dead its left a pretty
> > good looking corpse...
> > >
> > > Not all of us are running Krusty Koala (and I'd guess even that will use hal).
> > >
> > > chrisp
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Halsectomy
> >
> > Read it and weep mr proctor :)
>
> Theres a lot of TODO on that list mr marloy, could it be that reports of Hal's death are greatly exaggerated? ;)
>

> > No it's being phased out across the board this release cycle that
> > includes RH, OS and Mandriva
>
> Yes hal is *being* phased out but that still means it will be supported and running on machines well into 2015 so to talk about it being dead and therefore not worth talking about is just a little premature. Not that I know enough about it to do a talk so its a bit of a pointless argument :)

Yes but I was getting more at the fact that it would be more prudent to
know about the newer policies and retrofit how that would work on hal.
Rather than visa versa. :)

Which I think you knew young jim me lad :)

I'll form a proper list of talks listed and bring it to the lug and see
which become the most popular talk and then schedule it in :)
--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk