[Wolves] Jerky video

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 14:32:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 15:26 +0100, Mark Ellse wrote:
> I'm not having much success getting DVD playing on Linux. I've tried
> Ubuntu (downloading all the codecs etc) and Linux Mint and Kiwi linux,
> both of which have the codecs as standard. None of these result in
> satisfactory DVD playing.
>
> My last attempt was playing a James Bond DVD on kiwi linux. The
> introductions play fine, but when the main film comes along there are
> short bits of playing with huge pauses between them. Something is
> clearly wrong. Is it because the main part of the film is encrypted in
> some way, preventing playing?
>
> Am I the only one having this problem? Am I being stupid? Any hints?
>
> Mark

If this is using Totem which I'm assuming it is ensure that
ubuntu-restricted-extras and libdvdcss is installed.

Failing that try a different player,  vlc is about the best for just
playing what you throw at it.

If those fail it could be down to the machines gfx card/processor who
old it the machine?
--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk