[Wolves] Microsoft has submitted the code to the Linux kernel

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 16:02:39 UTC 2009

2009/7/25 Andy Smith <andy at strugglers.net>:

> I hope that Kevan is successful, it's good to have a bit of
> competition to mix things up.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Cheers Andy :-)  I can but try.  Our biggest problem is getting known.
 We, the poor saps who ran 'The Freecycle Network' groups were the
ones who did all the running about and promoting TFN locally.  Then,
in my case I'm told I'm not suitable.  Why?  Because I dared to help
create and run a Yahoo Group that gave moderators of TFN groups a
platform for freedom of speech.  This was something that we were
denied by the TFN Board of Directors.  Of course this meant we could
all discuss the highly undemocratic and dictatorial way in which TFN
was being run.

Freecycle is a great idea and I still believe that but, it should be
genuinely grassroots as they claim.  But it isn't it's now a
corporation.  At this moment in time there is currently a big movement
here in the UK to break away from TFN USA.  It's so strong that the UK
leaders have now pretty much all resigned because we, in the UK, are
to being listened to.

I registered 'freeworld-recycling' as a domain and am willing to list
any groups that want to leave TFN.  I don't expect anybody to change
there name to include 'freeworld-recycling' but they may if they wish.
 I'm just interested in offering an alternative where local groups are
free to tailor their project as they see fit.  I'm certainly not after
any glory like Deron beale (the founder of The Freecycle Network) is.

Kevan Farmer
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire