[Wolves] Open Science, Open Source Festival

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 16:06:46 UTC 2009

2009/7/25 Andy Jewell <Andy.Jewell at sysmicro.co.uk>:
> I can lend a hand too as long as it's a weekday evening. Not too good
> at the electronics bit but my soldering is good. What about adding in
> some basic networking... How to wire network cables?
>
> Regards
> -andydj

Now that I would like to see.  I can wire up a network cable (RJ45)
but I find I always have to take the very end off the plug itself to
be able to pull the wires through.  It's only then that I can get a
succesful connection made.  Unless it's just that I'm using cheapo
RJ45 plugs :-) those wires never seem to all go to the end properly
and I end up junking the plug.

Kevan Farmer
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire