[Wolves] Midori Web Browser

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Jul 29 10:45:29 UTC 2009

2009/7/29 member dick_turpin <dick_turpin at archlinux.us>:
> So here's my rant, you want me to be a Linux/OSS fanboy. Then produce
> stuff that works FFS make an RPM, .deb or whatever that has everything I
> need if you cant then stop making the bleedin thing! I'm you're target
> audience you want me to give up MS yet you expect me to have the skill
> and knowledge to fix or at the very least get your steaming pile of fail
> running under Linux.

Hmm, lets see...

alan at hactar:~$ sudo apt-get install midori
[sudo] password for alan:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libx264-65
The following NEW packages will be installed
  midori
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 554kB of archives.
After this operation, 2040kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get: 1 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/universe midori 0.1.7-1 [554kB]
Fetched 554kB in 1s (358kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package midori.
(Reading database ... 231691 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking midori (from .../midori_0.1.7-1_i386.deb) ...
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for menu ...
Setting up midori (0.1.7-1) ...

Processing triggers for menu ...
alan at hactar:~$ midori http://www.archlinux.org.uk/

Gets...

http://popey.com/~alan/midori.png

Have you considered perhaps trying a different distro? :)

Cheers,
Al.