[Wolves] Is it possible...

Octavio Augusto Sánchez Velázquez netzsooc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 04:00:31 UTC 2009

El lun, 22-06-2009 a las 18:27 +0100, DragonMaster escribió:
> Octavio Augusto Sánchez Velázquez wrote:
> > Is it possible to use some programs like bash or tr or sed or some stuff
> > like that to make kind of language processing?

> What is it you are trying to achieve?  I use Bash and Awk on a daily
> basis to process files and generate database data...
>
> DM

Ok, I use Python to process text, specially because ther is this sweet
pakage called NLTK, which runs on python, With it I can do a lot of
things, like parsing, tagging, generate grammars, etc... but it delay's
like .5 seconds to load, even in a cuad processor it would delay
like .25 secs... that is a lot when you try to run the process over
10000 files or so. So I came with the Idea to make some of this stuff
directly on bash, but first I want to know if it is possible, now that
you tell me that it could be I think I will try to translate to bash...
Thank you a lot.