[Wolves] webcams

Andrew Lewis andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk
Sun Mar 1 15:40:11 UTC 2009

> since i assume he's using a typical UK upload speed.. max of circa
> 1mbit...? it would make no sense having 5mpx right now

I suppose I deserved that for saying webcam.
Wanting a 5Mpx webcam isn't senseless, unless you make the assumption
that it's going to be used to transmit data over a network at (N)fps.
Not everyone in the world uses a webcam for video conferencing. I know
cameras exist that can do this without interpolation, because I've got
one - it just doesn't work with linux. I'm also aware that I could use
a DSLR, but they're expensive to buy, and my Olympus isn't supported
through linux. Even if it was supported, the Olympus camera API is
bloody awful and the documentation is even worse..... I mean, what
sane person would give implementation examples in Visual Basic and
Delphi?