[Wolves] HP Mininote 2133 for £200

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 14:17:03 UTC 2009

People who are interested in netbooks, like myself, will be aware that the HP Mininote 2133 was probably the most highly specced, had maybe the nicest keyboard and definitely the best screen but cost £360.

I dropped into PC World today as I was passing and they are selling the HP Mininote 2133 for £200 and it seems a few other places are too as HP are dropping the 2133 in favour of an Atom based Mininote 1000s. It's a Via C7-M processor at 1.2GHz (marginally less speedy than 1.6GHz Atom, remember clock speed isn't everything), 1200x768 resolution which is more than any other netbook, 1GB RAM, 120GB hard disk, wireless B/G, bluetooth 2.0 and webcam running the slightly dated SUSE 10.1.

It's not an easy ride for Ubuntu users according to:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/HP2133

but, if you like playing with netbooks it's some decent hardware at a low price. I have a Dell Mini 9, the keyboard is far too small and the screen res is just a little bit too pokey (but that's the point of a netbook right?) and Jenny seems to have commandeered it for her own use. In any case, I like a challenge and the keyboard and screen res make it a perfect throw in the bag web browser/SSH client for roaming around.

Wolverhampton have sold out so I'm going to Telford. You can get it online from other places for the same prices but PC World won't deliver and I want to play with it tonight.

Just thought I would shout this out there if anyone is thinking of buying a netbook.

Ad

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/