[Wolves] HP Mininote 2133 for £200

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Sun Mar 8 20:09:44 UTC 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009 18:35:43 Adam Sweet wrote:

TBH I'm leaning more towards the Samsung NC10. Having had eeePC, HP2133 an
Acer one Note and 37 Samsung's pass through my 'sales' books over the last
month.

I hear that in fact the Atom CPU is crap, apparently.
Maybe that's just yet another personal preference being stated as fact with
little basis in truth?

Also I'm starting to see both in work and on mailing lists the same what I
would call mistake being made. These things are 'net books' they was never
originally envisaged to be 10" inch *full blown Laptops* it was intended for
simple stuff, web browsing, email, chat and the odd document so hardware
capabilities was not mega important. Typically the consumer wanted to use them
as a proper laptop which is funny for an old farts like me as 10" inch laptops
(and smaller) have been around for yonks!

As some of the older members here will remember from about *5 years ago* the
Digital Hinote that I ran Red Hat 7 on that only had a 10" inch screen.

If your looking for what I would term *A Laptop* take a look at the Sony Vio's
they're not cheap but have some of the lightest units around if however you
just want, as you say, something to throw in your handbag then as I say go for
the Samsung NC10

If you want a refurb you know who to ask ;-)

P.S. I'm starting to see Net books appear in the refurb chain, amazingly the
prices are very close to the original RRP! Incredible!