[Wolves] HP Mininote 2133 for £200

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 9 11:45:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 10:26 +0000, Kevanf1 wrote:
> They are certainly lovely looking machines, but.. the stumbling block
> is the price :-(  The cheapest I found the X61 at was £851 while the
> X41 came out at £519 (cheapest on Froogle).

You need to look at recycled machines [1] :-)

Have a look at:
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/Laptops__ibm-x41

GBP240 is reasonable for an X41, and many will be cheaper.
Twice that will get you one with a dock, and a DVD-RW, but
if you have a USB DVD you don't need all that :)

Caveat emptor, naturally ;)

 - Richard

[1] I have a modest collection of recycled ThinkPads,
    from 1995's 701 (Butterfly), through 560s and 570s,
    to the x41. These things last for ever (or did, i
    don't have such good reports of the newer Lenovos).

--
Richard Smedley                              PRINCE2 Project Management
                                              Sustainable 3rd Sector IT