[Wolves] Bletchley Park Photos

Re-LoaD reload at brum2600.net
Sun May 10 11:59:03 UTC 2009

Ron Wellsted wrote:

> As yet unsorted
>
> IPv6: http://wellsted.dns6.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=46465
>
> or on plain old IPv4:
> http://wellsted.dyndns.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=46465
>

> - --
> Ron Wellsted
> ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk
> N 52.567623, W 2.136111 Linux Counter No. 202120
> Ekiga: 645022

Thanks Ron a great day had by all,
	quick question;
can Gallery2 support a import from an existing local directory structure
keeping the structure as the gallery names with sub galleries ? i.e..

2008
-2008-01-01
-2008-01-04
-
-
- etc....
2009
-2009-01-01
-2009-01-23
-2009-03-09

I have all my photos going back to 1999 arranged that way on the file
system with a php front end that reads the files and directories from
the file system, resizes on the fly to thumbnails with in web pages that
match the file system directory structure.
This was ok and worked nice and fast until I got a better camera and the
picture file sizes went up to 10Mb per pic... I was about to write a
MySQL back end to store 640x480 and thumbnail versions of the photos
with the location on the disk for full size view..... But is there any
point "Re-LoaD"ing the wheel ....

Comments welcome...

Cheers
Re-LoaD