[Wolves] Best sub £300 Linux Netbook

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Sun May 17 16:27:22 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 16:37 +0100, DragonMaster wrote:
> Hi All.  Just been to PC world to try to get a netbook - specifically the
> Advent 4213.  However, I was told that putting Linux on it would mean that
> half the features wouldn't work, and that it would invalidate the
> warranty!  Can anyone advise if they have found a netbook that is 100%
> compatible, AND has a large HDD (rather than an 8Gb SSD) and 3G
> compatability.
>
>   I was originally looking at the HP 2133, but this is no longer available
> anywhere.
>
>   Your advice and recommendations are, as always, very welcome
Pc world don't understand Linux so they do say that.  The warranty only
covers the hardware and not the software other wise when there were
issues with windows you'd be able to take it back and and have it fixed
for free :)

I've seen ubuntu running on the netbook as it is based on the msi wind.
So I don't know what they are on about.  UNR runs better on it but
basically what ever modern linux desktop should run fine.