[Wolves] Exim/Imap/Thunderbird filter anoyance.

Wayne Morris waynelists at machx.co.uk
Wed Nov 11 16:40:12 UTC 2009

Hi ,

I collect my email from a mailserver running Exim and Dovecot using
Thunderbird, and use any of two laptops or a desktop.
I have the same copy of a set of Thunderbird filters, which move mail as
it arrives into relevant folder.

Trouble one is that I leave one computer on, then use another from
elsewhere, I inevitably end up with two or more copies of
emails as each copy of Thunderbird does its work.

Trouble 2 is that if I access my email from a mobile phone, I see copies
of email that have already been moved, at least for a couple of hours.

So it seems that the Thunderbird filter is just copying them to the new
folders and leaving the deleting bit until later.

Anyone know what I can do about this - better, has anyone ever got Sieve
to work?

Thanks