[Wolves] Fwd: [SC.LUG] 3 Strike Petition

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Wed Nov 25 15:30:30 UTC 2009

Peter Cannon wrote:
> Alan Pope wrote:
>> 2009/11/25 Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com>:
>>> No argument with you on this Andy but I thought our law had changed
>>> about 4 or 5 years ago.
>> It has not. It is still illegal to rip CDs.
>>
>> http://www.ippr.org.uk/pressreleases/?id=2404
>
> Yet another white noise petition IMO while I agree a three strikes rule
> is bad I'm a firm believer in "If you've done nothing wrong you've
> nothing to fear"

This law does not require you to have done anything wrong, you merely
have to be accused, which is why people are going crazy. You don't have
to be convicted. It could be somebody in your house who has been accused
and then you're cut off.

Of course, we're going to get a polite email in 6 months time telling us
how the PM carefully considered our opinion and then ignored it anyway,
but if you don't vote you can't complain.

Regards,

Adam Sweet

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/