[Wolves] Telecommute Sys-admin job found on joelonsoftware

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Fri Sep 11 12:12:43 UTC 2009

Apologies if this counts as spam. I came across this job randomly, and
thought it might be of interest. I'm not affiliated with them (other
than coincidentally being a customer).

http://jobs.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?5308

System Administrator
at WebFaction
Any city, United Kingdom
WebFaction is a fast growing hosting company with a reputation of
quality service and friendly customer support.

We are a team of friendly people distributed all over the world (we
all work from home).

We are looking for a system administrator working from home.

You will be responsible for building new RPMs, writing and configuring
tools to monitor our servers and keeping our servers up-to-date and
secure. You will also be responsible for writing installers for new
versions of applications that come out (WordPress, Django, Rails,...).

You'll be well supported while you're learning about our systems but
this is a telecommuting position so you will need to be able to work
under your own initiative, learn quickly and be the sort of person who
asks for help when you need it.

Requirements:
- Familiarity with CentOS systems, building and deploying RPMs.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Nagios.
- Good knowledge of the Python programming language.
- Familiarity with web servers such as Apache and Nginx and database
servers such as MySql and Postgresql.
- Familiarity with email servers such as Postfix (don't worry, we
won't make you configure sendmail)
Interested?
Please send your resume and cover letter to jobs at webfaction.com

--