[Wolves] *IMPORTANT* - Re: LIST - Target Shooting

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Wed Dec 1 13:29:59 UTC 2010

Sorry for the dramatic subject line and the top post but it seems the
best way to get people's attention.

I passed Aldersley Stadium last night and was one of three people (in
the few minutes I was there) who completely lost grip on a sheet of ice
which appears to cover the mini-roundabout on the entrance to the
stadium and went careering across the roundabout and into the railings
on the other side.

I slowed down to make sure a car crossing the roundabout was actually
crossing and not just turning right without indicating as seems so
common these days, as I looked up I saw the car in front of me had
crashed into the railings, I hit the brakes to slow down and although I
was only going about 15 mph the car just carried on into the railings,
narrowly missing the other crashed car.

I'm ok, my car is ok apart from the number plate and some mis-alignment
of the bumper but the girl in front of me wasn't so lucky, her car
seemed a bit wrecked.

I didn't see the ice at all, the road leading up to it seemed to be
gritted but went I got out of my car afterwards the whole roundabout
seemed to be a cap of crystal clear ice that wouldn't be visible on a
casual glance as you approach it after being on a gritted road.

So, just a word of warning, be very careful on the mini roundabout on
the entrance to the stadium, especially if you're coming from the
Pendeford direction where you have gravity working against you.

I'm not sure if I'll be coming at the moment, I don't fancy risking that
roundabout again. There's a good chance it has been (re)gritted but I
would have thought it had been yesterday too.

Ron, do you want to share this with the Wythall Radio Club people?

Ad