[Wolves] Dropbox as your home directory

Constantin Orăsan dinel_list at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 20 12:48:54 UTC 2010

> On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Peter Cannon wrote:
>
>> 1. Would it be possible to have Dropbox (Or Ubuntu one (when it works)) as your
>> /home/(dropbox)username directory?
>
> I'm guessing that Dropbox updates asynchronously, doesn't support locking,
> etc.  If so, you'd run into trouble if you tried to use two of the
> machines at the same time.

I don't think it supports locking, but if it detects a conflict it
will notify you and keep all the files (with different names). After
that you can decide which one you want to keep. However, I don't think
you want to do this with configuration files .... it kind of reminds
me of my experience with keeping the config files up to date in gentoo
... :)

Constantin