[Wolves] Suggestions for use of old Linux box

Roundyz roundyz at hotmail.ru
Sun Jan 3 10:02:01 UTC 2010

----- Original message -----

> > How about a UPnP media server to serve music and video to PS3 or XBlock? Claire
> > Well, my first thought would be a Smoothie box... :-)  Possibly a file
> server? DM
>
> Both suggestions sound interesting. I will explore. I suppose it could also
> double up as a print server??
>
> Mo

You could turn it into a router come torrent box come media server 24 7 thing, that is if you can justify the use (and niccard and storage considered). you could use it as a test box, although the hardware is old, it means its well supported by the linux kernel. If you cant find a use for it your self freegle/cycle it, so that someone else could, as I doubt there is little cash value as is, good luck and let us know your choice.

The reason I ask to be informed is that I recently saw a 3 part series on bbc called Digital Dreams, that made me change my view on technology and it's influence on the family members around the home...This spoke about the ever increasing amount of computers we have.

Best regards,

Roundyz