[Wolves] Suggestions for use of old Linux box

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Mon Jan 4 09:23:07 UTC 2010

>>> I totally agree, I don't like to waste things like that, if I can find a use
>>> for it I will keep it because it is in good condition all round. I think a
>>> print/file/media server is the likely use. This then raises the second
>>> question: Which is the best distro to use on it to act as a server given the
>>> spec I mentioned?

Hi Mo

As most have said turn it into a Non-Gui Server, 1st bit of fun would be
to set it up as an SSH server you can have hours of fun logging in and
messing around just with that alone.

Start to learn stuff like 'screen' scour the net for text only apps like
  Htop, Mutt, MC (Midnight Commander) Vim etc.

HTH

PeterC