[Wolves] Suggestions for use of old Linux box

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Mon Jan 4 11:31:15 UTC 2010

Mo Awkati wrote:

> A server it will become. I can learn and practice a LAMP set up, I can
> learn to set SAMBA on it etc. The only thing it might need is a larger
> hard drive; I think the one already installed is 20GB. I suppose I can
> connect it to the router network via a wireless connection?

Of course you can.

LAMP Servers are heaps of fun, mention LAMP to anyone and they think of
websites but LAMPS are not just for that, you can have an Intranet, CRM
all sorts of things.

As I said earlier get open-ssh on it then have heaps of fun logging on
from your Laptop etc doing really clever stuff like shutting it down and
realising you've no way of starting it again!

Bwahahaha