[Wolves] Acer Revo R3600

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 4 23:24:38 UTC 2010

On 27/12/2009 16:57, Peter Cannon wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Hope you all having a nice a Christmas, Santa brought me an Acer Revo
> R3600 and I'm attempting to do that same as our beloved popey (Alan
> Pope) has done
Pete,

Are you using the driver that came with Ubuntu or the one Popey used
with the Alpha/Beta? I've got one of those boxes and Popey's instruction
were more complicated than necessary with the final release.

Because lots of people had reported trouble with the Nvidia drivers I
assumed I had too when I got flickering but the problem was my old
monitor. It didn't work with Auto refresh-rate detection or 24-bit
colour which are now defaults. I had to borrow a modern monitor to use
the GUI NVidia setup program. (That was an aside for anyone else with
similar problems.) Short version, trust the 'Hardware Drivers' Nvidia
put in the distro - but not the settings.

I've got MythTV back and front ends working on the Revo with one WinTV
Nova-T-Stick but I've still got to find the right config for the remote.
Some of the buttons work with the defaults.

Happy New Year, one and all,
Woo