[Wolves] Online Storage

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 9 13:25:15 UTC 2010

<snip>

> > I myself wouldn't use it. Privacy is parmount, and can you really trust them?
> > A good example is google and the amount of information they collect from
> > >people, imagine using all thier cloud apps then someone finds your password?
> > Not good.
>
> > Other than that some good points.
>
> > Regards,
>

> A very good point about cloud apps. It is my feeling too that someone will try
> to gain your password an access the data. I am sure those people behind the
> phishing emails are already rubbing their hands together!
>
> Mo
>

>Well i was thinking more of the access point you checked your storage at, this would be logged and pin pointed to where you are, this type of location >tracking along with technologies like geotagging provide your location at a time; this is scary.

>Another main concern is that of features such as versioning and roll backs when updating files on storage, they are only flagged as deleted; what happens >when you deactivate your account with the storage provider, who owns the data then?

>When I worked on my placement year as a systems admin, NOTHING was deleted, ever: regardless of user's knowledge, to a system admin it is not worth >the liability.

>Hope these are valid points to consider,

>Regards

Extremely valid points you made there. This is why I don't like anyone else to have access to my stuff. And you are right, what happens with so called deleted data?? As you say, nothing is deleted. Online storage is not like having a bank deposit box, no one can access it unless they have a court order!

Cheers
Mo