[Wolves] Best way to remote manage a ubuntu system

Andy Jewell Andy.Jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 08:54:39 UTC 2010

Yes, I know... been there.

You don't want to try to "talk someone through" port-fowarding on their router! That has to be done on-site, in person.

I remember writing a little Python-GTK utility to show the IP address for someone I provided remote Ubuntu TLC for way back (When Hoary was king).

But anything that takes away that pain is obviously good.

Andy D'Arcy Jewell
SysMicro Linux Support

T:  +44 (0) 844 991 8804
M: +44 (0) 7961 605631
F:  +44 (0) 844 357 7020
E:  andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
W: www.sysmicro.co.uk

CRN THE CHANNEL AWARDS 2009 WINNER
SysMicro named CRN’s Editor’s Choice for Emerging Business of the Year 2009, recognising SysMicro for our considerable growth, specifically in Enterprise Solutions.