[Wolves] Best way to remote manage a ubuntu system

Mark Croft croftyboy at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 21 12:53:19 UTC 2010

i did not know that about IP addresses , i thought i had a fix one
with SKY router via bt etc etc

just thought it was fixed cos my router on all the time, anyway never
needed too know what my ip was before.

I have tried playing with ubuntu remote desktop too get connection to
my sister laptop it worked fine here at my house when tested but when
at her house in exmouth on bt internet it just would not work for some
reason. I did not have time over her birthday weekend when i was down
too sort it out :( was having more problems with wireless internet and
getting memory into her advent netbook thing.

just went too website www.whatismyip.com/ to get ip address for it?

anyway i am getting distracted from other stuff.

mark