[Wolves] post

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 11:24:21 UTC 2010

On 25 July 2010 19:32, Daryl <mylinux at o2.co.uk> wrote:

>> Best way is to try stuff and get stuck, then try and find out why.
>>
>> Ask away if theres anything you need help with. Most people come on during
>> the week. The big guns ;)
>
> Will do, just deciding whether to start learning with one distro before
> moving onto another once I get the hang of how it works.

Personally speaking I would say that is the best way.  I dabbled for a
few years with various distro's back in the mid to late 90's.  I
finally settled on SuSE for about 3 years then moved onto Kubuntu.
Now, when I use Linux (I admit to using Win XP most of the time at the
moment but there is a good reason for this) I tend to fire up Ubuntu.
I dislike the KDE desktop since it went into revision 4 but found that
I quite liked Gnome :-)

Your best bet would be to try a selection of live distro's and then
settle on the one you really feel comfortable with.  Learn as much as
you can and then you may wish to try another.  It's probably not
really very good to hop from one to another every week or so as it's
more difficult to learn stuff, or so I found but you may be different,
we all are :-)

Kevan
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire