[Wolves] Thunderbird and Indicator Applet

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Tue Mar 9 11:43:14 UTC 2010

Hi All

I was talking to Dave (Morely) the other day and saying how I wished the Indicator
Applet, or Envelope as I like to call it on Ubuntu was customisable so that I
could add or remove what I wanted and not what Caesar Mark says I should have.

I use Thunderbird for example so having Evolution in there is pointless and a
waste of real-estate. Today @sil (Aq) posted a ,dent http://tinyurl.com/ya8wp4j
about a How to install the experimental version of libnotify-mozilla Now I read
the instructions which TBH are pretty poor if you don't know what you're doing,
the statement "Well you shouldn't mess with experimental if you're a novice" will
get you one of my world famous withering looks so you have been warned.

I tried to follow it but it fails to say "You must have bzr installed" then bzr
said "You didn't give me your launchpad ID" at which point I said "Stuff this for
a game of soldiers". Cutting a long story short here is Pete's quick fix.

Install: sudo apt-get install libnotify-bin
Download: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/11530
*Or*
Download:
http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/libnotify-mozilla-Thunderbird-Download-47045.html