[Wolves] 10.04 i915

Dan Dart dandart at googlemail.com
Tue May 4 06:02:37 UTC 2010

I upgraded from Karmic, and my laptop overheated near the end, but I thought
Plymouth didn't have a chance to configure. I'm on i915 too.

On 2 May 2010 18:44, "Rob Parker" <rob at iparker.co.uk> wrote:

Ubuntu 10.04, codenamed Lucid Lynx, or just Lucid.

On the topic - I'm not really sure what's caused your issue, but I was
recently installing Lucid on considerably old laptop (a toshiba a35),
and found it'd only boot with noapic, and even then Xorg would be
unstable with things like video, but a later Xorg (or kernel, maybe)
update in the Lucid development cycle meant Xorg would not start at
all, but now with the same arguments your using (plus noapic) - to
force Xorg to use vesa and, I guess, not use KMS - I can finally start
Xorg again. But yeah, not sure where the problem lies, or whether the
two issues are related.

--
Rob Parker <rob at iparker.co.uk>
http://rob.iparker.co.uk/