[Wolves] OT : need to find power supply for external hard drive.

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Fri May 14 18:14:12 UTC 2010

On 14 May 2010 18:00, Mark Croft <croftyboy at googlemail.com> wrote:
> the model number on back is ME250u2c-0448 any ideas what sort of power
> requirements for this device?

Since Google has 0 results for that model number, no.
Can you take a photo of the power socket/label? Please post it.
Is there anything written on there such as 12 V 0.1 A, or 5 V 500 mA?

Otherwise I suggest taking it out of the USB enclosure. Given the size
I'll assume this is a parallel IDE (aka PATA) drive.
Is it 3.5"? If so, install it inside the computer as a second hard drive.
Is it 2.5"? if so, there are enclosures available. I can lend you one
if you wish.

--
Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk>
http://moreati.org.uk/blog