[Wolves] iPlayer desktop on Ubuntu 10.04 not downloading shows

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Mon May 31 16:56:24 UTC 2010

On 31 May 2010 17:36, davmor2 <davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk> wrote:
> However it won't download
>> the actual data, the rate sits at 0 b/s, the status sits at 'Download
>> Paused' whether I click Pause or Resume. Any ideas anyone?
>>
>> Alex
> Alex didn't this get blocked by the BBC?

No. get_iplayer got blocked, it was a third-party open source (perl?)
script used by the likes of XBMC and MythTV. I'm trying to use the
official BBC client, which is an Adobe AIR application.

> Try watching it from the web based version instead.

I did, that continues to work fine. I was hoping to watch the download
version because it's higher bit-rate.

--
Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk>
http://moreati.org.uk/blog