[Wolves] Light-weight fail2ban replacement - sshcan

Andy Jewell Andy.Jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 12:12:05 UTC 2011

Guys,

Further to our discussion last night, here's the promised code for my light-weight fail2ban replacement. I've now come up with an ok name for it - sshcan (ssh crack attach neutraliser). Woo hoo.

Rather than flood your mailboxes with 130+ lines of gibberish, and risk the outgoing message being quarrantined because it contains "code", I've put it in a paste-bin:

http://hpaste.org/43371/sshcanpy

An example of it's output/behaviour:

http://hpaste.org/43372/sshcan_output
(The "warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh" are from the "at" command, because I'm piping a command in with 'echo "....." | at'. I might address that later, possibly by piping stderr to /dev/null... :-)

Comments on a post-card please...

Regards,
Andy D'Arcy Jewell
SysMicro Linux Support

T:  +44 (0) 844 991 8804
M: +44 (0) 7961 605631
F:  +44 (0) 844 357 7020
E:  andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
W: www.sysmicro.co.uk

CRN THE CHANNEL AWARDS 2009 WINNER
SysMicro named CRN’s Editor’s Choice for Emerging Business of the Year 2009, recognising SysMicro for our considerable growth, specifically in Enterprise Solutions.