[Wolves] Latest government web 'snooping' proposals....

Richard Barker richard.barker at quietwatercourse.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 19:32:51 UTC 2012

On 03/04/12 14:08, Kevanf1 wrote:
> On 3 April 2012 14:02, Ron Wellsted <ron at wellsted.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Well, there is an petition online
>> http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/32400
>>
>> Obviously set up to make it easy to identify who's internet activity
>> to monitor.  Don't worry, as members of a subversive organisation,
>> WolvesLUG members are already on the list...
>> </tin foil hat> ;=)
>>
>> - --
>> Ron Wellsted
>> ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk
>>
> Cheers Ron.  Duly signed.  It's up to 4,600 signatures already.  It
> shows the strength of feeling on this one but let's hope it does some
> good.

Sorry to jump in.  I've signed the petition above and I thought I'd let
everyone know that the campaign group 38 Degrees are running a petition
regarding this at
*https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/stop-the-snooping-plan
<http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/74c05760/2d44d485/5b35f6e9/4674a05b/1356481535/VEsH/>

*It's got over 58,000 signatures at the time of writing.

--
Find me *@* http://quietwatercourse.co.uk *|*
http://twitter.com/watercourse