[Wolves] Any mobile device App writers on here?

Wayne Morris waynelists at machx.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 10:23:25 UTC 2012

On 17/04/2012 11:10, David Goodwin wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2012, at 11:09, Wayne Morris wrote:
>
>> got an idea for an Iphone/Android App, fairly simple - replace a Global Company "Register some details on a website thru a browser" with an App.
>> Got none of the skills myself, but guessing its fairly straightforward task.
>>
>> How does one take things like this forward? Pay someone and take the app, or do a revenue share?
>>
> We [pale purple] write apps… but I'm not sure I understand your idea. Why would anyone bother launching an app to fill in what would normally just be a form on a website?
>
> David.

Its for me to record the details of a eg criminal(s) attending a
community payback session on a third party system (PNC)  (it isn't but
its a good analogy).
Currently i need to take their picture, log in to website with my user
password, enter details of the person to find out whether they exist,
upload the picture, save the details of the session,
upload.
  Buy credits for the privlege of doing it.
  Its something that is best done in the field and ball achingly
difficult on a mobile screen browser as existing website isn't very user
friendly.

With an app:
My login details held.
My credits bought (automatically or in another tab)
Hopefully all you would need to tap into form on app:
Enter session type and date
Take Pics(s) - enter person details (poss look up my own db for all that
would be perfect)
Do It!
In the field the person is instantly registered as 'done task', email
confirmation sent...as it is we have to travel back to nearest computer
(which could be days away),
find camera and upload pic, remember the name of the bloke and realise
you don't have his address, ring him... faff faff ;-)