[Wolves] Precise alternate install

Mark Ellse me at chaseacademy.com
Mon Aug 13 15:56:41 UTC 2012

Dear All,

We use LTSP (indeed linux generally) very heavily at Chase Academy. Major
problem with trying to upgrade to Precise in that the alternate CD/DVD does
not install on the machines that we have tested. Hence we can't easily set
up LTSP servers. Have filed a bug at Launchpad, but no response. Is this
because no-one uses the alternate CD and very few using LTSP have upgraded?

Anyhow I would be most grateful if anyone who is bored, or interested,
would kindly try to see if they have the same problems. If you have a
machine that you can experiment with, please could you try installing from
the i386 alternate CD and see if it stalls as ours do.

Very many thanks, in anticipation, for your kind help.

Yours ever lurking,

Mark

Link to bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/920035