[Wolves] Ubuntu Global Jam - Coventry - 7th - 9th September

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 14:53:52 UTC 2012

Good Afternoon all!

I thought I'd send out a quick email to announce that we'll be hosting
the Ubuntu Global Jam over at Protec Innovations on the 7th through
9th September.

The Ubuntu Global Jam is an incredible opportunity for the Ubuntu
community to unite together around the weekend of 7th - 9th September
2012 to work together to improve Ubuntu. Everyone is able to
contribute to the Jam, and everyone is welcome and encouraged to get
involved. Curious about how to make a real difference to Ubuntu? This
is a great chance to make that difference.

The Ubuntu Global Jam incorporates events that have been organized
over the world to get Ubuntu contributors and fans together to have a
great time and improve Ubuntu. Each event has one or more of our
themes:

Bugs - finding, triaging and fixing bugs.
Testing - testing the new release and reporting your feedback.
Upgrade - upgrading to Quantal from Precise and reporting your upgrade
experience.
Documentation - writing documentation about how to use Ubuntu and how
to join the community.
Translations - translating Ubuntu and helping to make it available in
everyone's local language.
Packaging - work on Ubuntu packages and improve them.

As we have in previous years, our main focus will be on dealing with
bugs - the last 3 times we've ran the Global Jam - the Birmingham /
West Midlands team have stomped all over the other teams in dealing
with bugs - so I can't see why we shouldn't be able to do it again.
However, we've also got myself on hand should you be interested in
learning more about other parts of contributing to Ubuntu.

Please note - we won't be able to provide hardware for you to work
with - so please do bring along a Laptop, or a machine to work with.

Refreshments will be provided, however, there is also an ASDA a few
minutes walk down the road :)

We've setup a signup at http://ugj-cov.eventbrite.co.uk/ so that we
can get an idea of numbers - so please sign up there if you're
planning to attend so we can plan accordingly.

Any questions?  Feel free to reply and I'll attempt to answer them.

- --
Kind Regards,
Martin "Mez" Meredith