[Wolves] Mandrake (Or Mandriva)

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Feb 1 11:55:01 UTC 2012

Hi All

I'm writing a bit of a rant on my blog (In defence of Mandriva), need
some history help.

Mandrake/Mandriva had that club thing for updates? If I remember right
you got 30 days freebie updates then you had to pay.

1. Was that always the case from day one?
2. What was/is it called? (Club something or other?)
3. Was that the only Mandrake/Mandriva or was there one that was "Free
as in money"?

I know there are some Mandriva fanboys here so it's quicker to ask. Cheers

P.S. If you can remember any *big* contracts Mandrake/Mandriva won that
would be good too.