[Wolves] Autistic Spectrum was Re: Feedback From First Time Attendee

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Feb 10 10:23:00 UTC 2012

On 10 February 2012 10:16, Andy D'Arcy Jewell
<andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk> wrote:
> On 09/02/12 21:16, Kevanf1 wrote:
>>

>>  I just don't do new people
>> meeting very well...
>
> I think we are all fine examples of geeks with the expected high IQ's and
> Aspie tendencies.

I have Aspergers and getting diagnosed explained a lot about my life :)

> As they say, "Quality comes at a price" :-)

it certainly does.

> I think we should celebrate it, not hide from it!

yup, we certainly should.  There isn't a single bad person in the LUG
and I don't think there ever has been and I've argued with more than
my fair share of lug members over the years ;)

The simple fact of the matter is the LUG is made up of people who get
things done or ask really good questions.  Some of us just need to
remember to bite our tongues when people ask 'bad' questions.

sparkes
ruining the image of Wolves LUG from before day one.  ;)