[Wolves] Debian Wheezy wlan problems

Simon Burke simonb at fatsportsman.eu
Mon Feb 20 13:17:11 UTC 2012

Sorry I don't post often, but I'm having one of those days today.

I'm running Debian Wheeze on my Lenovo SL300 laptop, with 3.2.0 kernel. I
generally don't use the wireless on here except when I'm out and about, so
that's not often. Hence I've only noticed the issue this morning. For some
reason when I connect to a wireless network (any wlan), I get and ip
address from DHCP fine, routing table also looks fine. However I am unable
to contact anything on the network.
The laptop can ping itself on the DHCP address but that is it.

Any suggestions as to what the heck is going on? or what I am missing?

Thanks,
Simon.