[Wolves] grub2 remove an embedded config

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Thu Jan 12 21:04:16 UTC 2012

On 11/01/12 12:55, Re-LoaD wrote:
> Hi,
> anyone know how to remove an embedded grub config file from the mbr.

Bit confused about what you mean Re-LoaD. I haven't really spent any
time messing with grub2 yet so I don't know if it does anything special
that I don't know about, but I think you mean how do you remove grub
from the mbr, presumably to reinstate booting into a Windows
installation without grub being involved.

In the old Win 9x days you used a DOS boot floppy and did something like:

format /mbr

In the WinXP days you booted to the install CD recovery console did either:

fixboot

or

fixmbr

I forget which.

I've not really used Windows since XP, so I'm not sure what you do for
Vista/7.

Regards,

Adam Sweet

--