[Wolves] installing plone 4.5.1 on ubuntu issue

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Thu Jun 7 19:26:31 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 08:11 PM, Barry W wrote:

> On 7 June 2012 19:54, Peter Cannon <dick_turpin at archlinux.us
> <mailto:dick_turpin at archlinux.us>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/07/2012 07:47 PM, Barry W wrote:
>>     gnu patch program is required for the install
>     Or this
>     http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChToolsPatch.html
>

> Ok, that problem is sorted, now I'm getting this, "Compiling and
> installing jpeg local libraries ...
> Skipping zlib build
> Compiling and installing readline local libraries ...
> Installing Python 2.6.8. This takes a while...
> bunzip2: Can't open input file Python-2.6.7.tar.bz2: No such file or
> directory.
> tar: This does not look like a tar archive
> tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
>
> Installation has failed."
Aye?
Installing Python 2.6.8.

Can't open input file Python-2.6.7.tar.bz2

You've installed 2.6.8 yet trying to open an archive 2.6.7? I also
notice it skipped zlib, is that because you've not installed it?

You have read this haven't you?
http://plone.org/documentation/manual/installing-plone/installation-quick-guide
Have you met the pre-requsites such as installed bzip2