[Wolves] HP-UX/Linux administrator with Nagios experience

Andy D'Arcy Jewell andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Tue Jun 19 09:33:45 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Due to new contracts, we have an urgent need for a HP-UX/Linux
administrator with Nagios experience. Please respond directly to me with
CV's or any enquiries.

I've already posted this on the linuxjobs list, so apologies for
cross-posting if you get it twice. If there is anywhere else I should
also post this, please let me know.

-Andy D'Arcy Jewell

West Bromwich, West Midlands

Permanent

Salary – Negotiable

We are currently seeking an experienced HP-UX/Linux Administrator to be
based out of our offices in West Bromwich, Birmingham. Your role will be
to administer and implement monitoring systems to our Managed Service
customers hosted in our London Datacentres The role will also be
required to provide 2nd and 3rd line support of the systems maintained
and implemented within the client and participate in our out of hours on
call rota. We have a dynamic team that is currently growing and have a
large monitoring environment we have developed over the last 5+ years.

Key Responsibilities:

Developing and maintaining our current monitoring and reporting
environment based on Nagios.

Developing automated build tools in a corporate team environment to
support live operations.

Supporting emerging technologies such as cloud-based deployments.

Installation and configuration of HP-UX/Linux Servers.

Ensure back-up and recovery procedures are in place and run correctly.

Follow best work practices provided by vendors.

Installing and configuring both MS SQL and MySQL.

Provide detailed documentation regarding all aspects of server-related work.

Strong understanding installing and supporting HP-UX/ Legato Networker

Strong understanding installing and supporting Linux (RedHat/CentOS).

Strong experience with the following technologies;
o MySQL. o PHP. o Nagios
o Web security (mod_security, selinux).
o Networking, TCP/IP, DNS.
o PowerShell.
o VMware.
o Experience with SAN technologies.

Proven experience working with and implementing alerting/monitoring systems.

--
Andy D'Arcy Jewell

SysMicro Limited
Linux Support