[Wolves] New Desktop

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:55:40 UTC 2012

On 19 March 2012 19:22, Richard Smedley <smedley358 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 19/03/12 13:57, Kevanf1 wrote:

> I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 on the desktop machine in front of
> me now (P4, 0.5G RAM), and it's fine. Running Unity or GNOME
> isn't compulsory - I've got the XMonad window manager which
> does a great job of staying out of your way, and using
> almost no RAM :-)
>
>  - Richard

Well I suppose if I am honest this is on a rather old setup.  It's on
a Gigabyte board that I forget which one but it has an AMd Athlon XP
Barton core CPU.  2.6 ghz or there abouts with 1gb of RAM.  The Unity
desktop just baulked and fell over when I updated it.  Then it simply
wouldn't let me back in to try a different desktop.  If anybody has
any ideas I still have the set up and if it can be saved then great.

Kevan
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire