[Wolves] OT - Best html editor (paid and free)

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue Dec 17 15:38:59 UTC 2013

On 16 December 2013 14:04, Wayne <waynelists at machx.co.uk> wrote:

> Merry Xmas to all..
>
> what would you recommend for paid for and/or free WYSIWYG html editor....
>
> I've got a copy of Dreamweaver and it just seems a bit clunky...any other
> suggestions?

I almost replied yesterday but got side tracked.

As others have said there aren't any good WYSIWYG web editors because
that's not how web pages work.  Despite the fact it's still how some
designers and developers think.

As for interfaces, if Dreamweaver seems clunky then you're out of luck,
there is nothing as smooth out there.

For your specific case it's going to come down to downloading a bit of
javascript that manipulates the DOM and tweaking it.   Nothing WYSIWYG is
going come close to as easy to maintain as that.  The scripts that come
with WYSIWYG tools are designed to be manipulated by the same tools and not
actual real people.

sparkes