[Wolves] Can you lend me a PCI Express 2.0 motherboard?

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Wed May 1 11:15:14 UTC 2013

On 1 May 2013 10:26, Adam Sweet <adam at adamsweet.org> wrote:

> I have a M4A77T/USB3 lying around, it's about 2 years old. I bought it
> in advance of an emergency repair for an old friend but it wasn't
> needed. The booklet doesn't explain whether it's PCI Express 2.0, but
> it has a PCI Express x16 slot. On the flip side it's for AMD AM3
> socket processors and I don't have the RAM or CPU...

That slot is PCI Express 2.0[1]. Unfortunately though I have suitable
memory, I don't have a suitable CPU. Dave has kindly offered to let me
disassembly his PC this evening.

However, could I borrow the MB anyway? Just in case Dave's PC is
inconclusive - then I'll only need a n AM3 CPU/heatsink for the next test.

[1] http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A77T/#specifications
--
Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk>
http://twitter.com/morea <http://twitter.com/moreati>