[Wolves] new Linux user

Nick Hall nicholasbhall at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 13:47:42 UTC 2014

Hello Wolverhampton Linux group,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am interested in learning Linux primarily because I want to know more about the platform, how to programme in it and basically may end up getting a job in the Linux field.

I used to work in IT, with Windows and Citrix and took a break from the IT industry to work for a trade union (I hold two politics degrees so thought about time to use them). However, I do miss IT and thought it I return I will do so learning something completely new - Linux it is!

I am a complete newbie and am doing the Institute of Linux Professionals basic course which I hope to pass March/April time.

I also look forward to coming to your next meeting and meeting fellow minded Linux people.

Take care
Nick Hall