[Wolves] Ubuntu working

Nick Hall nicholasbhall at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 12:00:14 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Apologies for not making the meeting, I had a piano lesson which clashed that Wednesday. I also got Ubuntu working as a dual boot on my laptop. I basically, reinstalled Ubuntu but took the advice of making sure the appropriate hard drive was selected in the GRUB (listen to me- sound like I know what I am talking about), and then rebooted - voila !

So I have an Asus laptop with Windows 8 and Ubuntu installed - so i'll get on with more learning. I am thinking of ditching Windows completely as I just cannot get on with Windows 8. I may go for installing Federo (or whatever its called) - but what about RedHat? Is that sort of thing possible, and do you have to buy a copy of Red Hat?

Cheers
nick