[Wolves] I'm having a few difficulties setting up an Apache virtual host

Mike Hingley computa_mike at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 10 13:12:21 UTC 2014

Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:11:16 +0000
From: davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
To: wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Wolves] I'm having a few difficulties setting up an Apache virtual host

On 10/01/14 09:14, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 01:55:46AM +0000, Mike Hingley wrote:
>> I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 - which ships with Apache 2.4.6.
>> I've set up a virtual named host - localtuxsters.com - but it seems that apache is ignoring the host header and directing all traffic to the default host -
>
> What's the output of:
>
> $ sudo apache2ctl -S
>
> please?
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

If this is on ubuntu did you follow the instructions from the
Ubuntuserver guide?

https://help.ubuntu.com/13.10/serverguide/

Also it might be that you haven't actually disabled the default site yet.

sudo a2dissite default

and ensure you have done

sudo a2ensite localtuxsters.com

--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)
http://www.ubuntu.com
http://www.canonical.com

Hi Dave - I'm trying to bottom post this through outlook.com - not sure that it will work - I really need to find out how to respond to a mail message from the list using the outlook interface.
I haven't disabled the existing virtual host - so it is probably that - only I thought I wouldn't have to as I am working using a named host.
I'll read through the link you sent.  I was on the Apache IRC channel last night trying to figure out what was going on - i don't have access to my server (when i say server - i mean my crappy desktop machine at home) as I'm at work - but i'll try that when I get back tonight.
thanks
Mike Hingley