[Wolves] anyone heard of this project kano

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Jan 29 09:19:33 UTC 2014

On 28/01/14 21:20, Richard Barker wrote:

> I have two, one is doing duty as a NAS unit with an external USB drive
> shared via NFS. The other is being used for XMBC and may be used for a
> little electronic tinkering in the near future or as an OwnCloud test rig.
>
> The places they score for me are that they use very little power and are
> completely silent, both of which are factors for me, especially the noise.

Yeah, I know a few people who use them as Media Streaming devices. Thing is that's a 'swings an roundabouts' method. While the Pi, as you say, draws very little power you still have to power an external HDD. The Pi is not USB 3.0 so data transfer will be reduced it'd probably work out just the same to have a dedicated NAS

I suspect lot's of Pi's will join the waffle maker and soda stream kit at the back of the cupboard. :-D

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode.net